This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: A regrettable oversight
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:36:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: A regrettable oversight
- References: <035101c72032$07894a00$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20061215135533.GA3889@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061215144842.GD3889@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20061215152716.GC6259@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 01:28:50PM -0500, Joe Smith wrote:
>"Ed C. Lueless" <email@example.com> wrote in message
>>On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:56:53AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>>On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>>On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 09:21:38AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>>>>On Fri, 15 Dec 2006, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>>>>On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 08:36:28AM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>>>>>>>"We're Just Nasty"(tm).
>>>>>>Hey, I like it! That can be our new slogan for 2007.
>>>>>Yep, just in time for the Vista release... We'll need it, too.
>>>>Well, so far, it looks like Vista will imply a "CJN" since Corinna seems
>>>>insistent on punishing people who use Vista by making Cygwin hard to use
>>>>there despite Microsoft's laudable efforts in making sure that we are
>>>>all snug and secure.
>>>>It seems to me that if Cygwin doesn't want to wither up and blow away,
>>>>someone should be working hard on getting it to work correctly on Vista!
>>>>I am not a Vista programmer but I really don't understand what all of
>>>>the fuss is about. Microsoft has released many versions of Windows
>>>>since Windows 1.0 and they are constantly working on improving their OS.
>>>>If Cygwin can't adapt to Microsoft innovation then maybe we should all
>>>>either be moving to Linux or MinGW.
>>>>I hope this will be accepted in the spirit in which it was intended.
>>>Ed, Ed, Ed... Are you spoofing CGF's email address again? :-)
>>Actually, for once, I AGREE with CFG. All that you ever hear from cygwin
>>developers is how hard everything is on Windows, yadda, yada.
>>Mayb they should ask Microsoft for HELP instead of constantly TRASHING
>>I get sort of sick with aoll of the anti-Microsoft FDU in these boards.
>Hmm... Once again I must suspect a multiple personality disorder.
>The message ID's indicate that ed.c. sent his mail from the computer
>named trixie from CFG's casa on Christmas Island.
>Which is the same location that CFG sends his mail from.
>Since CFG has not reported bumping into this ed.c. ...
Actually, I think I have specifically mentioned my relationship with