This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Maintainer of setup.exe
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:47:36 -0500
- Subject: Re: Maintainer of setup.exe
- References: <20070111120935.GB32057@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <00f001c7357a$795c1ab0$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 12:17:34PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 11 January 2007 12:10, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 10:58:46AM +0100, Saro Engels wrote:
>>> Just a small question which I don't want to send to cygwin:
>>> who is the maintainer of setup.exe?
>>> He is writing first person on
>>> http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html etc. but I can't find his
>>> name or email anywhere.
>>> Is it possibly http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI ?
>> It's maintained by various people and none of them, btw, want to receive
>> personal email about setup.exe.
>I'm guessing Saro meant that the question 'who is the maintainer'
>wasn't suitable for the main list, but it would have been. Saro, if
>you need to discuss the usage of setup.exe, the main list is fine for
>that; if you have patches or bug reports, the cygwin-apps list would be
Usually when people ask "who maintains X" it means that they want to ask
the maintainer a question.
With the possible exception of discussing setup.exe usage in the cygwin
list, AFAICT, this information is gleanable from the setup.html page
referenced above so I assumed that it wasn't necessary to reiterate it.