This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
FW: activestate perl on cygwin
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "Thread TITTTL'd!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:37:32 -0000
- Subject: FW: activestate perl on cygwin
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 11 January 2007 04:33, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> moka@hol wrote:
>> Andrew DeFaria wrote:
>>>> I don't actually install through cygwin, but use the ppm installer
>>>> from Activestate.
>>> Why people would want to use a proprietary Perl with a proprietary
>>> installer is beyond me. Let me ask you a question, what happens when
>>> you call setsid in this ActiveState Perl? Anyways...
>> Well, in my case when I make the call I run perl on Linux. Here I had
>> to write a scripton a windows machine and before checking cygwin I
>> checked activestate. Then I needed some modules, DBD:Orcale to be exact.
> Maybe you should have looked for DBD::Oracle instead? :-)
I accidentally used CPAN to install DBD::Orca. Now I have to feed my
computer a hundredweight of live fish every day.
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....