This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Hehe. Mirror 5 months and 2.5 TB data transfer later
- From: Robert Pendell <shinji257 at uplink dot net>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 15:16:40 -0500
- Subject: Re: Hehe. Mirror 5 months and 2.5 TB data transfer later
- Openpgp: id=D146D4B4
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <02c901c7367a$38c9ae80$a501a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dave Korn wrote:
> On 12 January 2007 18:37, Robert Pendell wrote:
>> For anyone that is interested in looking at the stats for the site...
> What happened in w/b 12Nov06? Any idea?
Actually the spike wasn't on the 12th as the normal report suggests.
Here is one that was generated at the end of Nov 2006 that says it was
actually on the 16th. IP 18.104.22.168 seems to be the culprit since it
has 929,523 requests on it. Possibly pulling the entire cygwin mirror
to multiple machines maybe??? I don't have the access log anymore for
that day since it was long since deleted.
I will probably be changing the engine (webalizer) used to generate the
stats and keep the access logs around longer. Possibly up to a year
depending on how big they actually get. The url will likely change to
When I do the stats will zero out effective Feb 2007 and new logs will
kept starting then.
Thawte Web of Trust Notary
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (MingW32)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----