This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Changed handling of "!" in /bin/sh?
- From: Eric Blake <ebb9 at byu dot net>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 19:40:02 -0700
- Subject: Re: Changed handling of "!" in /bin/sh?
- References: <20070117015312.43811842EF@pessard.research.canon.com.au> <45AD9572.firstname.lastname@example.org> <31DDB7BE4BF41D4888D41709C476B657041696A9@NIHCESMLBX5.nih.gov>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
According to Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] on 1/17/2007 4:14 PM:
>> Not recommended. The reason cygwin moved to bash as
>> /bin/sh was to avoid ash bugs.
> I thought that it was more to avoid all the complaints
> that sh did not behave like bash, which is what many
> people expected.
And that is different from an ash bug, how? :)
Don't work too hard, make some time for fun as well!
Eric Blake email@example.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Cygwin)
Comment: Public key at home.comcast.net/~ericblake/eblake.gpg
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----