This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: CR/LF problems after upgrade
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'out of band signalling'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:46:37 -0000
- Subject: RE: CR/LF problems after upgrade
- References: <20070112055257.55D3083C6F@pessard.research.canon.com.au> <31DDB7BE4BF41D4888D41709C476B6570416963D@NIHCESMLBX5.nih.gov> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20070117214739.GA18681@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 19 January 2007 00:49, Shankar Unni wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> ? The OSes that I used didn't need padding. I just stayed within 7
>> characters and used a new card when I needed to move to the next "line".
> Well, of course, all the unpunched columns in the card *are* spaces, so
> by definition, punched cards are space-padded. Unless you had
> variable-length cards :-).
So now we have YET ANOTHER goddam line-ending standard to deal with:
Who's volunteering to maintain d2rheoc then? ;)
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....