This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Perhaps we need a nag screen in setup.exe?
- From: Matthew Woehlke <mw_triad at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:36:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: Perhaps we need a nag screen in setup.exe?
- Original-to: Is this a proper usage of the word "irony"? Probably not :-)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <45D4ECFD.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Charli Li wrote:
Shankar Unni just had to cough out the following stream of bytes from
the specified email client, on 2/15/2007 6:25 PM:
Sounds like we need a nag screen about CR/NL on setup.exe every time
someone updates "bash". It *may* reduce the whines on the main mailing
list by a little bit (assuming people actually read what's on the screen).
Oh, the irony. "Lets make a nag screen for people that don't read the
list", says someone that doesn't read the list. (At least, not closely
enough to know that we've *already* discussed the need to do this :-).)
Patches Thoughtfully Considered -- FLOSS mantra