give up on one losing battle?

Is it time to admit defeat and stop telling people not to quote raw
email addresses over in the cygwin list?

It was a good fight but I think we really lost the battle.  It just
takes one person forgetting to seed a spammer and since the cygwin
lists are among the few who ask people not to do this, it is easy
for people to forget.

Otherwise, the suggestion of coming up with a page which talks about
how to configure clients not to do this is a good one, I think.  Anyone
want to volunteer to create such a page?  I think I'd probably end up
putting it at the http://sourceware.org hierarchy as part of some general
information for the site.

cgf