This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] copy-paste
- From: Michael Schaap <mscha at mscha dot org>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2007 15:46:14 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] copy-paste
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <45F16EBB.email@example.com> <04c101c76257$ef3938d0$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <45F17160.7FF73657@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 9-Mar-2007 15:38, Brian Dessent wrote:
Dave Korn wrote:Just hippothesizing, but it might be that the adding of '[ANNOUNCEMENT]'
to the subject isn't actually Nabble's fault. After all, there's one
other situation where this happens: cygwin-announce messages get
forwarded to the main cygwin list, with a mangled Subject: header.
I notice that 'linux1974', 'bogusbill', and 'ovince', who've all done it
recently, are all posting through Nabble..... need we look any further?
Yes, and at least one of them have been replying with their text in the
quoted part of the message, which is utterly unreadable since the entire
message consists of only quotes.
Yet another reason to ban this nabble garbage.
Could it be that the script that does the mangling is somehow triggered
for messages coming from Nabble as well?
Still think it's a good idea to ban Nabble, though, 'cause they're
indeed mostly garbage.