This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
I'm in ur obsolete softwares, bypassin ur logons
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: windows 98 haters list <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 07:45:44 -0800
- Subject: I'm in ur obsolete softwares, bypassin ur logons
- Reply-to: hippo workouts <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
This shows a trick to bypass the logon prompt of win98 without ever
entering a password. It's noteworthy only because of the
creativeness... not that win9x actually had anything going for it in the
security department, since you could just as easily boot from a floppy
and just delete *.pwd (or whatever those stored login password files
were called) in the windows dir. Or one of a million other ways to
bypass the non-existant security.