This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: I'm in ur obsolete softwares, bypassin ur logons
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'oxymoron central'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 17:33:13 -0000
- Subject: RE: I'm in ur obsolete softwares, bypassin ur logons
- References: <45F2D2A8.89BCBF55@dessent.net> <20070310172136.GB17706@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 10 March 2007 17:22, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 07:45:44AM -0800, Brian Dessent wrote:
>> This shows a trick to bypass the logon prompt of win98 without ever
>> entering a password. It's noteworthy only because of the
>> creativeness... not that win9x actually had anything going for it in the
>> security department, since you could just as easily boot from a floppy
>> and just delete *.pwd (or whatever those stored login password files
>> were called) in the windows dir. Or one of a million other ways to
>> bypass the non-existant security.
> Pretty cool but couldn't you bypass the "security" just by hitting Esc,
I remember that working on WfW and '95, but perhaps they stopped it in later
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....