This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Installing Cron on Windows 2003 Server...
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 13:20:58 -0400
- Subject: Re: Installing Cron on Windows 2003 Server...
- References: <45F9AB2D.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <01ca01c767b4$bd346410$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <email@example.com> <20070316170010.GA30058@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <020301c767ed$2c10d840$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Cygwin-Talk Maiming List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 05:04:34PM -0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 16 March 2007 17:00, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Fri, Mar 16, 2007 at 09:50:36AM -0500, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>>>Dave Korn wrote:
>>>>Ctrl+D is a better way to close the file actually. If you mean EOF,
>>>>why not *say* EOF? :-)
>>>...because CTRL-D doesn't work on all platforms, and I was too lazy to
>>>check if it did on Cygwin. :-)
>>Wow, now *that's* lazy... :-)
>What confuses me is how you can be 'too lazy' to check if Ctrl-D works,
>but apparently checking if Ctrl-C works is much much easier....
>Well, that plus the "Ctrl-d doesn't work on all platforms" bit. Are we
>still talking posix here or no?
Well, there's also the puzzling part that it takes more effort to type
CTRL-C than it does to type CTRL-D, since you have to move your middle
finger down a row...