the joys of cable

So, I was having contractors work on my yard over the weekend, and
the gas, electric, and water lines were all correctly staked out, but the
cable company didn't want to be a team player, and didn't mark
anything.  Of course, the contractors managed to snap my cable
line on Friday.  Which means I have no internet access and no land
line phone (thanks to VOIP) for the next two weeks, until the cable
company can send somebody out to fix their problem.  And since my
workplace firewall prevents access to my ISP's webmail site, I'm
pretty much limited to short emails over the next two weeks from
the public library, or from gmane (which for this list, as well as
cygwin-apps and cygwin-patches, won't work).  Needless to say,
I'm not too happy with my cable company :(

--
Eric Blake