Re: FW: Certain files in the system32 directory are not listed

Brian Dessent wrote:
I could be wrong but I think this is also the logic behind the 32IL/64P
decision, in that structs have the same size/layout as long as they
don't contain pointers, and are thus backwards compatible for file
formats or whatever.

Ultimately, the problem from my perspective is it screwed over everyone that has been writing 64-bit safe code for POSIX platforms for years and years. IOW, it was a good decision for people that wrote bad code, and a bad decision for people that wrote portable code. (Anyone surprised? No? Good.)

When I had to do a port to Win64, the LP64 model being the "de facto standard" for 64-bit platforms was already well entrenched.

--
Matthew
"In the beginning was the word, and the word was