RE: Big List of Dodgy Apps: some registry entries for Symantec Antivirus

On 06 August 2007 17:17, amores perros wrote:

> re: Big List of Dodgy Apps
>
> Some notes on possible Symatec Norton Antivirus version checks
> for possible use by anyone who would like

  Thank you very much!  Did you read my mind or what?  I was about to send a
mail round asking for help with exactly this since I committed the code to
cygcheck just before the weekend!

> registry check
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\SymNetDrv
>    Version, REG_SZ, eg: 6.0.2.211
>
> registry check
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Common Client
>    Version, REG_SZ, eg: 104.0.8.3
>
> registry + file version check
>
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\InstalledApps
>    SAV Install Directory, REG_SZ: C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\
>
> file:
> "C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\VPC32.exe"
> version, eg: 10.1.0.401

  That's brilliant, and if you can spare a few more minutes to compile and run
the attached source file and mail me the output offlist, I'd be even more
grateful.  What I'd like is if you could take the attached sysinf.cc file,
run:

  g++ sysinf.cc -o sysinf -DAUTOMATIC -lntdll

at the command-line, then execute:

  ./sysinf.exe > sysinf.txt

and email me the sysinf.txt output file.

  What that does is to show me a list of all running processes, and another of
all loaded dlls, drivers, and any other kinds of executable modules, which
I'll use to add further methods of detection.