This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
FW: Running two different profiles based on user loggin
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "Thread TITTTL'd!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 17:00:58 +0100
- Subject: FW: Running two different profiles based on user loggin
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 12 October 2007 12:24, Warren Young wrote:
> Spencer Bailey wrote:
>> I don't want to have to maintain all the .profiles in users
> You don't have to. Add something like this to each ~/.profie:
> . /etc/profile-class1
> Unless users change classes frequently over time, you never touch the
> .profile again. All changes happen in /etc.
> But once again, this is not a Cygwin issue. Take it to a generic Unix
> sysadmin forum.
Unix sysadmins are /never/ generic. Every one is unique!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....