This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: [Updated] The Big List of Dodgy Apps
- From: Warren Young <warren at etr-usa dot com>
- To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:24:32 -0600
- Subject: Re: [Updated] The Big List of Dodgy Apps
- References: <007001c7711c$1bc97900$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <037b01c80f98$788707a0$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Dave Korn wrote:
Norton/MacAffee/Symantec antivirus or antispyware
It's "McAfee", and it should be on a separate line from Norton/Symantec.
These are two separate products, from separate companies.
Also, could you include references to mailing list posts or threads for
each entry that support the product being on the list? I know I saw one
product on your list that I've recommended to others, and want to know
everything I can about the issue so I can decide whether to continue
recommending it. There are degrees of dodginess.
On that point, maybe you should also include a rating. Like, 1 to 5
stars, ranging from "causes strange behavior in a single program in rare
situations" to "never never never use this I'm serious never never".
It doesn't matter what product I'm interested in researching. I think
it's just generally a good idea to back up assertions like this for all
cases where someone wants to know why a given product is on the list.