This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Happy Birthday, Perl!
- From: "Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E]" <BBuchbinder at niaid dot nih dot gov>
- To: <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:13:03 -0500
- Subject: Happy Birthday, Perl!
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On this day... <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page#On_this_day...>
December 18 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_18>:
1987 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1987> - Programmer <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programmer> Larry Wall <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Wall> released the first version of the programming language <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Programming_language> Perl <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perl> via the comp.sources.misc newsgroup <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroup>.
- Disclaimer: Statements made herein are not made on behalf of NIAID.
- If you believe you received this e-mail in error, you are probably sadly mistaken, but if not, aren't you lucky?
- Sending this e-mail does not constitute endorsement of the contents; I may change my mind later.
- This e-mail may have been sent in haste; if any of its contents are offensive, inappropriate, inaccurate, ungrammatical, misspelled, or incomplete, too bad.
- Ideas in this e-mail are bigger than they appear and the writer may be smarter than he appears.