This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: A question on cygcheck
- From: Robert Pendell <shinji+gmane at elite-systems dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:53:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: A question on cygcheck
- References: <476AEF95.email@example.com> <047d01c84376$aac6b410$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <476B3499.473C0D29@dessent.net>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Brian Dessent wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> Same reason as strace, I would assume: it's a DOS-based program, not a cygwin one.
> I think you mean "it's a MSVCRT-based program" since DOS hasn't existed
> in Windows in the last approx. 7 years.
> (And now if I could only get people to stop incorrectly referring to a
> NT/2k/XP/Vista command prompt a DOS prompt... and I also want a pony.)
Well I gave up on that long ago. When I'm on the phone most people
don't even know what a command prompt is so I refer to it as a "black box".
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (MingW32)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----