This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: O/T Countering Internet Geographic Location
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'CONNECT a.b.c.d HTTP/1.1'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 16:04:48 -0000
- Subject: RE: O/T Countering Internet Geographic Location
- References: <Xns9A1498BE1D5EDzzappergmailcom@220.127.116.11>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 28 December 2007 15:01, zzapper wrote:
> I'm currently in France and when I Google I'm getting French based results.
> Back in the UK I sometimes want US based results, not UK. I notice from
> dating-adverts that they know I live in the Oxford region.
> I guess they pick up environmental variables from my PC, and make guesses
> from my IP.
> How can I make my location more anonymous,Is there any hippothetique way
> round this?
Proxy in the desired country of choice?
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....