This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Hippos are Vegetarian
- From: Aaron Humphrey <alfvaen at gmail dot com>
- To: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 09:37:59 -0600
- Subject: Re: Hippos are Vegetarian
- References: <Xns9C9D99B7A4AF3zzappergmailcom@22.214.171.124>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Wed, Oct 7, 2009 at 8:07 AM, zzapper <email@example.com> wrote:
> ?A dwarf nicknamed Od has died in a circus accident in northern Thailand.
> According to the Pattaya Mail, he "bounced sideways from a trampoline and was
> swallowed by a yawning hippopotamus which was waiting to appear in the next
> act. Vets on the scene said Hilda the Hippo had a gag reflex that
> automatically caused her to swallow." The vet said it was the first time the
> hefty vegetarian had ever eaten a circus performer. "Unfortunately, the
> 1,000-plus spectators continued to applaud widely until common-sense dictated
> that there had been a tragic mistake". (Melbourne Herald Sun - July 16th,
Coincidentally, I just got the book "Hippo Eats Dwarf", a book on
hoaxes, out of the library.
--Alfvaen (Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--The Monkees:Heart And Soul
Current Book--Richard Bachman:The Regulators
... bleakness ... desolation ... plastic forks ...