This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin X query <Solaris> Login page reloads
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: "The Vulgar and Unprofessional Whoops-Kerplunk-Where's-My-Thribble?" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 16:39:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cygwin X query <Solaris> Login page reloads
- References: <email@example.com> <4AEEDDC1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Danilo Turina wrote:
>> This is my first post so please bear with me in case this query is on the
>> wrong thread list and pls redirect me to the right one if that's case.
Well, this is the even wronger list, so let's see if we can help!
>> I have my machine with dual OSs (Win XP & Win 2003). I can use cygwin (x
>> -query) and connect to my Solaris 8 machine(Sparc) whilst logged on to my
>> WinXP OS and its no problem.
>> But if I log onto my Win2K3 machine (which has the same IP as Win XP), I
>> cannot perform x -query to the same Solaris 8 machine. I mean, the
>> CDE login page appears,but after I put in my username/password, the login
>> page just reloads.
>> If I use the same OS, I can connect to my Solaris 10 machine without any
>> issues (went past the login page).
>> What could the problem be? Do you think it's to do with the IP address
>> being the same for both OSs?
One word: MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1.
Or is that three words and one number?