This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
WTF proposed acronym
- From: "Lee D. Rothstein" <l1ee057 at veritech dot com>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:47:41 -0500
- Subject: WTF proposed acronym
- References: <email@example.com> <20091120184906.GA27241@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091121121218.GZ29173@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20091121173625.GB9003@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4B083047.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4B08376D.email@example.com> <20091121185049.GA13903@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Yes, please take it to the talk list.
In the meantime, I'm going to try teaching my dog to play the piano.
Using a little poetic license, and realizing that CGF
never does anything with the expectation of failure
Meanwhile, I'll teach my dog to play the piano == MITMDTPTP
I know what you're going to say, "It's too complicated!"
But ... I taught the acronym to my dog, Phydeaux.
And, you gotta love any acronym of this sort that begins
with MIT, ends with two TPs, has an MD in the middle,
contains no obscentities and refers to man's best friend.