This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: WTF proposed acronym
- From: Mike Marchywka <marchywka at hotmail dot com>
- To: <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:34:16 -0500
- Subject: RE: WTF proposed acronym
- References: <email@example.com> <20091120184906.GA27241@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20091121121218.GZ29173@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20091121173625.GB9003@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4B083047.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4B08376D.email@example.com> <20091121185049.GA13903@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <4B0843DD.firstname.lastname@example.org>,<4B085503.email@example.com> <BLU113-W39CED3A879F84820CD753BEA00@phx.gbl>,<4B086A15.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 22:30:45 +0000
> From: @googlemail.com
> To: email@example.com
> Subject: Re: WTF proposed acronym
> Mike Marchywka wrote:
>>> Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 21:00:51 +0000
>>> From: dave.korn.cygwin@
> Kindly lose that shit, I get enough spam as it is!
Is that anyway to describe your own name? LOL
>>> Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
>>>> And, you gotta love any acronym of this sort that begins
>>>> with MIT, ends with two TPs, has an MD in the middle,
>>>> contains no obscentities and refers to man's best friend.
>>> I am the great Cornholio! I need TP for my bunghole! I come from Lake
>>> Obscentiticaca in Nicaragua!
>> wtf is lake Obscentiticaca, I've seen beavis and butthead,
> Cornholio often claims to come from Lake Titicaca.
> Lee typo'd obscenities in a way that made it sound like "obscene titties".
> I put the two together.
without credit to the original sources?
>> I've also seem dumber confusion than with windoze variabbles.
>> Without knowing wtf the original poster could have been doing, using
>> windoze variable at some point could have been important and maybe
>> there is some obscure problem with unknown bloda.
> So your current explanation is that you don't know what the OP was doing, or
> what might have happened, or what caused whatever it was that happened to
> happen, but you wanted to point out that it might have had something to do
> with environment variables, and that some other unknown thing might have had
> an unknown effect on them in some unknown way? Uh, OK.
something related to threading sure
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.