This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: You call that a trick? You wanna see a trick? I'll show you a ******ing trick.
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at googlemail dot com>
- To: "teh conspiracy unmasked!!!!!!1!!!!!!1!2!!!!3!!!! it was warren all along!" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 18:13:32 +0000
- Subject: Re: You call that a trick? You wanna see a trick? I'll show you a ******ing trick.
- References: <4B1B061E.email@example.com> <4B1D21B4.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Warren Young wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> Instead of multiplying a number by 10, just stick a zero on the end!
> Nonsense, that multiplies by 16 in the only numbering system that all
> right-thinking persons use.
Sticking a '0' on the end multiplies any number by '10' no matter what base
system you are using; it's a fundamental constant of place notation.
You're part of the conspiracy! You manipulated the data by switching from
one number base to another in the middle of your argument in a spurious
attempt to discredit me! Admit it, you're working for Big Oil!