This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Missing link found.
- From: Charles Wilson <cygwin at cwilson dot fastmail dot fm>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 18:45:00 -0400
- Subject: Re: Missing link found.
- References: <4BBE50D4.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On 4/8/2010 5:55 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
> From the department of we-told-you-so:
> Everyone who didn't believe it existed: Now shut up.
Don't oversell it. It's two fossils, that a substantial fraction of
scientists (presumably not religiously motivated) believe are actually
of g. homo, not australopithecine, extraction. The only thing that
might make them "missing link" material is the reduced cranial capacity
-- everything else is pure g. homo material. However, Homo floresiensis
(the "Hobbit") is g. homo, but has even smaller cranial capacity.
So...maybe you're right, but the ground under your feet isn't firm
enough to start a round of "Shut up, he explained".