Re: Computer magazine CHIP asks for permission to distribute "cygwin" on its cover-cd

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 03:26:59PM -0400, Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
>On 5/4/2010 1:17 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>>>
>>> -v?
>>
>> No, that does something different.  You mean
>>
>>     $ oy --vey
>>

>Deferring to Corinna's native language (?), as best I can (my apologies,
>in advance):
>
>Wie weh tut mein finger.
>Wie weh tut mein fuss.
>Wie weh tut mir alles!
>Wann, die 3PPs "schuss"!?
>
>;-)
>
>Having said that, I believe I first found out about Cygwin, years ago,
>from a CD. Before that I had been a user of MKS, and later Thompson
>Toolkits.

Was it the dearly lamented Cygwin CD that I fought tooth and nail to have
Cygnus release?  That experience will be in my memoirs some day...

I was supposedly in charge of the project but I'd get email telling me
that a meeting had been held and everyone had decided not to include
"perl" in the distribution.

Good times...

cgf