This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Computer magazine CHIP asks for permission to distribute "cygwin" on its cover-cd
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 16:06:01 -0400
- Subject: Re: Computer magazine CHIP asks for permission to distribute "cygwin" on its cover-cd
- References: <CBB4DE52FAEB74479D692756BAF59A3C14AFA5556F@mxchsrv5.burda.com> <20100504161042.GN1845@calimero.vinschen.de> <email@example.com> <20100504163914.GO1845@calimero.vinschen.de> <4BE056B9.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4BE07503.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 03:26:59PM -0400, Lee D. Rothstein wrote:
>On 5/4/2010 1:17 PM, Warren Young wrote:
>> On 5/4/2010 10:39 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>>> On May 4 12:21, Andrew Schulman wrote:
>> No, that does something different. You mean
>> $ oy --vey
>Deferring to Corinna's native language (?), as best I can (my apologies,
>Wie weh tut mein finger.
>Wie weh tut mein fuss.
>Wie weh tut mir alles!
>Wann, die 3PPs "schuss"!?
>Having said that, I believe I first found out about Cygwin, years ago,
>from a CD. Before that I had been a user of MKS, and later Thompson
Was it the dearly lamented Cygwin CD that I fought tooth and nail to have
Cygnus release? That experience will be in my memoirs some day...
I was supposedly in charge of the project but I'd get email telling me
that a meeting had been held and everyone had decided not to include
"perl" in the distribution.