This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: Computer magazine CHIP asks for permission to distribute "cygwin" on its cover-cd
- From: "Lee D. Rothstein" <l1ee057 at veritech dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 13:05:20 -0400
- Subject: Re: Computer magazine CHIP asks for permission to distribute "cygwin" on its cover-cd
- References: <CBB4DE52FAEB74479D692756BAF59A3C14AFA5556F@mxchsrv5.burda.com> <20100504161042.GN1845@calimero.vinschen.de> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100504163914.GO1845@calimero.vinschen.de> <4BE056B9.email@example.com> <4BE07503.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20100504200601.GA14387@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>> Deferring to Corinna's native language (?), as best I can (my
>> in advance):
>> Wie weh tut mein finger.
>> Wie weh tut mein fuss.
>> Wie weh tut mir alles!
>> Wann, die 3PPs "schuss"!?
>> Having said that, I believe I first found out about Cygwin, years ago,
>> from a CD. Before that I had been a user of MKS, and later Thompson
(The big difference between Thompson and MKS, is that Thompson worked. ;-))
> Was it the dearly lamented Cygwin CD that I fought tooth and nail to have
> Cygnus release? That experience will be in my memoirs some day...
My vague memory is that I was in some hacker bookstore, and they
had a bunch of bargain CDs. I bought several along with one or
two ORA books. One had Cygwin along with some other stuff. Others
included Knoppix, a Perl-only CD, Yggdrasil, and some gawdawful
share- and free-ware.
I was hooked on FLOSS.
> I was supposedly in charge of the project but I'd get email telling me
> that a meeting had been held and everyone had decided not to include
> "perl" in the distribution.
Corporate development. Sigh! (I worked at DEC for a time. If the
"force was with them", that force must have been militant
ignorance ... ;-) )
> Good times...
Do I "detect" a symphony of sarcasm? A note of noxiousness? A
tome of tomatoes, rotten? ;-)