This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Latest science news from the arXiv.
- From: Dave Korn <dave dot korn dot cygwin at gmail dot com>
- To: do humans dream of biological sheep? <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 16:24:33 +0100
- Subject: Latest science news from the arXiv.
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
Apparently, a cow is a simple oscillator, and a herd of them is a field-full
of coupled oscillators:
I think we can all safely agree that this would imply that the hippo is an
Also, does this mean that if you could persuade just one cow in a field to
repeatedly lie down and stand up at the exact resonant frequency of the
coupling, you could get runaway oscillations until the entire herd were
frantically leaping in the air and then falling to their knees as fast as they