This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: rebaseall [1.7]: cyggcc_s-1.dll error
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 17:40:16 +0200
- Subject: Re: rebaseall [1.7]: cyggcc_s-1.dll error
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4C2A04C9.email@example.com> <20100629144014.GA25176@ednor.casa.cgf.cx> <20100629145137.GM8163@calimero.vinschen.de> <20100629152906.GA25374@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Reply-to: The Vulgar and Unprofessional Cygwin-Talk List <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Jun 29 11:29, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 04:51:37PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >On Jun 29 10:40, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 08:35:53AM -0600, Eric Blake wrote:
> >> >On 06/29/2010 08:34 AM, Charles Wilson wrote:
> >> >> Eric Blake wrote:
> >> >>> Phooey. dash now depends on cyggcc_s-1.dll, so rebaseall needs to be
> >> >>> taught to add this library to the list of exemptions (similar to
> >> >>> cygwin1.dll).
> >> >>
> >> >> Or dash could be rebuilt using -static-libgcc. It's not like dash needs
> >> >> to worry about throwing C++ exceptions across DLL boundaries, and if
> >> >> dash is meant to be a /bin/sh implementation (even if cygwin still uses
> >> >> bash for that), then IMO it ought to be -- insofar as is possible --
> >> >> statically linked.
> >> >
> >> >OK, I'm now trying to figure out how to add -static-libgcc into my
> >> >cygport file. Look for an updated dash later today...
> >> In the meantime, you might want to consider linking dash with -static-libgcc.
> >There's a good chance that Eric will have bad dreams about hundreds
> >of tiny static libgcc's biting and clawing there way into his house
> >tonight, and all he has for defense is a single gcc4 knife...
> I picture little libgcc's carrying balloons which they rapidly rub on
> their bodies, holding out their fingers to zap the unwary...
Boy, that sounds really mean. Imagine their high pitched voices
laughing creepily and the noise of all that balloon rubbing. I'm
getting goose bumps...