This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin/XFree86 project.
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin Ports)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 20:56:53 -0600
- Subject: Updated: xorg-server-1.5.3-3
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin net distribution:
These are the changes in this release:
* Log changes:
- - In addition to the XWin logs now being found in /var/log (as of the
last release), now a separate log is created for each display. THE
DEFAULT LOG LOCATION IS NOW /var/log/XWin.0.log, when run as "X :1" the
log will be /var/log/XWin.1.log, etc.
- - The -logfile flag argument may contain "%s" (w/o quotations) to have
the display number automatically substituted; e.g. "XWin :2 -logfile
~/tmp/XWin.%s.log" will create ~/tmp/XWin.2.log.
- - The verbosity of the logfile and the console output should now match.
* The messages about /tmp/.X11-unix creation and ownership are silenced.
* Multiwindow mode fix:
- - Windows which remember their placement don't drift with each instance.
* Multihead fixes:
- - Windows don't appear offscreen when the primary monitor is not
- - XWin dialogs are placed near the tray icon so that they don't end up
in the middle of the virtual desktop, possibly split between two monitors.
* Numerous clipboard fixes, including a fix for clipboard startup with
* Built-in fonts are used in addition to server-side fonts. The default
font has changed as a result, but the full selection of fonts is still
available if installed.
* Temporary disabled the NumLock/CapsLock synchronization due to several
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to
If you want to make a point or ask a question the cygwin-xfree mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-XFREE-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-xfree-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----