This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin/XFree86 project.
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 12:32:45 -0600
- Subject: Updated: xorg-server-1.5.3-7
- Reply-to: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
The following package has been updated in the Cygwin net distribution:
This release includes patches for the following issues:
* added Xinerama support in some modes (more details below);
* fixed Latin American keyboard layout detection;
* remainder of Xming clipboard patches;
* additional clipboard debugging messages;
* fix for flickering when resizing in multiwindow mode;
* removed references to obsolete -co flag from Xserver manpage.
The Xinerama extension allows multiple physical monitors to be treated
as one large X display while still being aware of each monitor as a
separate entity. It is used, via libXinerama, by window managers to
avoid placing new windows over the seam between monitors, desktop panels
to constrain themselves to one monitor, and multimedia applications to
use only one monitor in fullscreen mode.
Immediate benefit of Xinerama will be to those who use Cygwin/X to login
to a remote Linux or Solaris computer where this support is already
available. Cygwin packages that could support Xinerama will need to be
rebuilt with the recently-added libXinerama in order to enable that support.
The Xinerama extension is now supported in the default (root window) and
- -rootless modes ONLY. It must be explicitly enabled with the +xinerama
XWin :0 [-clipboard] [-nodecoration] -screen 0 @1 -screen 1 @2 +xinerama
Where @1 and @2 represent the monitors as enumerated by Windows.
Please be aware of the following caveats of Xinerama:
* When the Xinerama extension is *active* (IOW multiple screens are in
use with the +xinerama flag), the Composite extension cannot be used and
is automatically disabled.
* Xinerama does not support on-the-fly changes to the monitor layout.
* Xinerama is *NOT* working in -multiwindow or -mwextwm modes; PTC.
Note that downloads from sources.redhat.com (aka cygwin.com) aren't
allowed due to bandwidth limitations. This means that you will need to
find a mirror which has this update, please choose the one nearest to
If you want to make a point or ask a question the cygwin-xfree mailing
list is the appropriate place.
CYGWIN-XFREE-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO:
To unsubscribe to the cygwin-xfree-announce mailing list, look at the
"List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message. Send
email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Cygwin)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----