This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin/XFree86 project.
- From: "Yaakov (Cygwin/X)" <yselkowitz at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- To: cygwin-xfree-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 20:40:56 -0500
- Subject: X11R7.6
Cygwin/X has been (finally!) updated to X.Org X11R7.6.
WHAT'S NEW IN X11R7.6?
* Over 260 binary packages have been updated, including the latest
upstream improvements and bug fixes, all built with GCC 4.5.
* The xorg-server package has been rebuilt to match the updated libGL.
* The xcb-util libraries have been rearranged upstream. This should be
transparent to the end user as long as these packages are updated
* Windows NT4 is no longer supported.
Development of Cygwin/X is primarily focused on the XWin server; most
other components are extremely stable and work OOTB. Anyone who
despaired of touching the old monolithic tree will find things much
easier with modular packages. If you want to see XWin stay current and
add new features, then WE NEED YOU. Here are some of the projects that
could be worked on:
* Update the Cygwin/X website.
* Implement hardware-accelerated AIGLX support in desktop mode.
* Implement Extended Window Manager Hints in multiwindow mode.
* Implement the Composite extension in multiwindow mode.
* Implement the XVideo extension.
* Implement newest XRandR protocol.
* Continue development of WindowsWM extension and xwinwm.
All comments, questions, bug reports, patches, discussion, etc. should
take place on the cygwin-xfree list.
Jon Turney for continuing to develop xorg-server, pushing our existing
patches upstream and contributing many new patches to this release.
Numerous users for their bug reports and suggestions during the 7.5
And whomever else I may have inadvertently neglected to mention.
CYGWIN-XFREE-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-xfree-announce mailing list,
please use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.