This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin/XFree86 project.
Updated: xorg-server-1.14.0-1 (TEST)
- From: Jon TURNEY <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: Cygwin/X announce list <cygwin-xfree-announce at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 18:48:18 +0000
- Subject: Updated: xorg-server-1.14.0-1 (TEST)
The following packages have been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
These packages contain XWin and the other X.Org X11 servers.
This is the first release of the xserver 1.14 series. It is currently
available as a test release, and will be made stable in approximately two
weeks if no major regressions are reported.
Please try test releases and report problems to the Cygwin/X mailing list.
Testing helps ensure good releases!
Unfortunately, the upstream announce mail  does not contain a full
changelog since 1.13, so you will need to consult the changelog or git for a
list of upstream fixes and improvements.
In addition, the following cygwin-specific changes have been made since 1.13.3-1:
* Add support for mouse tilt wheel
* Change mouse buttons 4 and 5 from X buttons 6 and 7 to X buttons 8 and 9,
which, with mouse tilt wheel as X buttons 6 and 7, matches the default
configuration on Linux.
* Add a PaintWindow hook which lets us build all the DDX in one pass without
causing linking difficulties with the rootless extension.
* Handle -displayfd and an explicit :display sensibly, so -displayfd can be
used with startx .
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer