Re: Compile problem

Hi Robert,
Did you notice any other problems? Please note that we, including you, are trying to get Xfree work
I should have included a brief note on my Cygwin installation.

As I said everything builds (including all the cfb libraries) except the server itself.

Some where in the mid of compilation you will notice an error message "Error cannot build proxymgr". This error is milseading. I cannot figure out from where that error is comming, becasue when I check /xc/prgrams/Xserver/proxymgr proxymgr.exe was there.

You may also see a similar misleading error message about Xpr but /xc/programs/Xserver/xpr compiles ok.

I think either cygwin.cf, cygwin.rules, cygwin.

One of the other problem is gcc -E near the end of compilation process.

gcc -E - -traditional -D__i386__ -DX_LOCALE -D_MT -DNO_TCP_H -D__CYGWIN32__ -D_P
OSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE    -I. -I../../../../../progr
ams/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-su
pport      -I../../../../../programs/Xserver/include -I../../../../../exports/in
clude/X11 -I../accel/s3  BUSmemcpy.s | \
grep -v '^\#' > BUSmemcpy.i

Corrina suggested -t is sing -character after gcc -E causing the hang, because gcc waits for intput.  That is not the case same command works elsewhere during compilation.  It gives problem only with four *.s files near the end.  Ernie's suggestions also did not help.  I assume something is wrong with BUSmemcy.s, VgaBank.s and other *.s files in /accel/s3.

Neverthless those *.s files will not be needed becasue they are for S3 hardware acceleration for Linux.

I would appreciate your comments and help.

Thanks
Suhaib