Re: XFree86 for Cygwin (Good News)???

> "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com> writes:
> > Here is the first good news :-)
> >
> > I managed to compile XFree86, fully screen X-Server code under Cygwin.
The
> > executable are not doing core dump, SO FAR!!!; so, it is the best news
at
> > the moment.
>
> And good news it is! Congratulations.

Thanks!!!

> > bash-2.02$ ./XGGI
> > Couldn't open RGB_DB '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb'
> > LibGG: unable to open lib: dlopen: Win32 error 126
>
> This translates to "the specified module could not be found", and is
> caused by a DLL/shared-library not being available. Either the file
> does not exist, or it's not in the PATH nor in the current directory.

the rgb file is present in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.  For some unkown reasons
server executable is not recognizing its format.  That is why it is
returning the error, "Cannot open RGB_DB"

RGB is must because our would be X-server for Cygwin will be a RGB
full-screen 3D server with
OpeGL/GLX suport :-)  The GLX support, so far, is available in expensive
commercial X-servers only.

That is why I will release the binaries and have the input from other users
on --how to--configuration files.
Actualy all the DLLs were copied into /usr/X11R6/bin, where X-server
executable resides.

> > WARNING: previous dlopen of C:\usr\local\lib\ggi\display\svgalib.so
wasn't
> > corre
> > ctly performed
>
> This is a bug and is fixed in the Cygwin development sources.

Then we have to live with it for a while.  I am skeptical to base the XFree
development code
on snapshots.  It is huge code and it often takes days to trace the problem.

> > LibGG: unable to open lib: dlopen: Win32 error 126
> > WARNING: previous dlopen of C:\usr\local\lib\ggi\display\aa.so wasn't
> > correctly
> > performed
> > LibGG: unable to open lib: dlopen: Win32 error 126
> >
> > Fatal server error:
> > Unable to open LibGGI visual: "(NULL)"
>
> Don't know what this is.

That one I think is related to ggi.conf file.  i have sent a note to Marcus
Sundberg about it.  He usually replies within 24 hours.  He has been a big
help in sorting out several problems during Xfree
port to Win32.  Until last week i had 5 undefined references, with Marcus
help I was able to tweak some config files and some C sources and compiled
the server.

Suhaib