RE: XFree over Cygwin (Win9x, NT, Win2K)

Hmm..  Ok..  I may be using older source..  There is no mga_shadow.c in the
source version I have..  I think I might be using 6.3 source..

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy Isaacson [mailto:adisaacs@mr-happy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 28, 1999 11:26 AM
To: Mike MacDonald
Subject: Re: XFree over Cygwin (Win9x, NT, Win2K)

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 10:41:34AM -0500, Mike MacDonald wrote:
> Ok, I don't know how to get to the archives, so I can look for more info
on
> ShadowFB, and linear framebuffer stuff.

http://www.xfree86.org/devel/

The username is devel; the password is the one you were sent in the
mail that welcomed you to the devel list.

> If I'm not mistaken, DX returns a
> linear framebuffer - and theres not much that can be done about that.  Can
> make the ShadowFB a pointer to a DX surface?  That would be the best
> solution, then DX could do the blt itself pretty easily, and quickly, to
the
> primary screen.

Having a linear framebuffer should make it easy.  I don't know exactly
the mechanics of how shadowfb works, but I think I just figured it out
in about 30 seconds of looking at the source.  Take a look at
drivers/mga/mga_shadow.c and drivers/mga/mga_driver.c (search for
ShadowFB).  All you have to do is write a RefreshArea function and
call ShadowFBInit() with it in your ScreenInit function.

(The MGARefreshArea8/24/32 and MGAPointerMoved functions are just for
the rotated case.)

-andy
--
Andy Isaacson  http://web.mr-happy.com/~adisaacs/   Fight Spam, join CAUCE: