Re: XGGI Update

kdmurthy@vsnl.com writes:

> This will be great for the DirectX based server also. Currently the
> server is functional with VC-6 and should be portable to Mingw32.
>
> When we are at it, is there any how-to about compiling a VC program
> under Mingw or cygwin? (Trying to find a easy way out).

VC <-> Mingw is typically easy to trivial; the only gotchas are that
VC code tends to expect MSVCRT runtime, which has slight differences
from the CRTDLL runtime (and is an issue only if you're using the
CRTDLL based Mingw GCC).

VC <-> Cygwin is a completely different story of course. The runtimes
are radically different, and potentially need large effort to do the
port. For those who don't use VC specific constructs, and avoid the
nonportable VC runtime-specific features, it should be reasonable.

Regards,
Mumit