RE: GDI based X-server available

> >> A first version of my GDI based X server is available for those
> >> who are interested. It is basically a merge of a
> Windows port of
> >> Xvnc and Vncviewer for Windows with the rfb layer
> removed. It works
> >> fine with Imagemagick and many other programs but  it
> will crash on
> >> a few tests of x11perf . Options are currently ignored: it is
> >> "hardcoded" for 800x600x16. You only need the
> executable and the
> >> default set of fonts. I have no website (yet) but I
> will email the
> >> executable on request.
>
> >Sounds cool. Perhaps the server can be put up next to the Cygwin
> >ones? Is this compiled with Cygwin, or some other
> compiler? Also are
> >you planning on putting the source code patches up for
> others to use
> >and help development with?
>
> The server is compiled, as a project, with Visual C++
> because I don't
> know how to compile programs that use the WIN32 API with Cygwin.
> I planned to make the source code available, but first I want to
> remove lots of unused code and rearrange some other parts.

Unfortunately, I think VNC canot be put on the same server as as
Cygwin.
The VNC code is owned by AT&T, though available free of cost but it
does puts a lot of restrictions.  Therefore you do not see VNC code
being redistributed by Linux vendors and at other public domain
archives.

Beside the lasted version of VNC binaries available from AT&T are
native WIN32 port of VNC and XVNC, so what is advantage of having
yours MSVC and Cygwin compiled binaries?

Suhaib