XServer Woes

OK. I've taken the plunge and tried to run John Fortin's GGI/DX server
under NT. However, I get the following when I try to run it:

bash-2.02$ PEXExtensionInit: Couldn't open default PEX font file
Roman_Merror opening security policy file
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy

Fatal server error:
could not open default font 'fixed'

[1]+  Exit 1                  ggiserver

What am I doing wrong, since I'm fairly convinced that it is (yet again)
my fault? I didn't see anything when I tried to RTFM. I even searched
the digests that I keep archived in Outlook. I'm trying to remember the
default locations for XF86, but it's been too long since I've had font
issues like this... I think I'm looking in the right places... :(

Thanks,

--Matt

P.S. In /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/PEX, I have Roman.phont and Roman_M.phont,
as well as a fonts.dir.  But I cannot find the fixed font. :( I've
already run mkfontdir in the /usr/X11R6/lib/fonts/* directories.

P.P.S. I'm fairly impressed with the VNC-based X server. I mainly tried
it out to see if it would run on NT without crashing my VNC server that
I use to connect from home with. It's much faster (for my Eterms
exported on the LAN) than Exceed, and it gives about the same number of
errors, but the trade-off is the resolution: I can live with the 16
colors it gives (after all, I usually restrict my VNC sessions to 8-bit
anyway, so no real color loss...), but I wish there were a way to
specify a higher resolution... Running at 800x600 leaves a lot of wasted
space on my 1280x1024 screen when I have a lot of serious X'ing to do.
Just a wish that I'm sure has already been added to a TODO list... :)

--
Matt Lewandowsky
Jr. UNIX Systems Administrator, D2K Inc.