RE: DirectX X-Server - a request for feedback

> Fine. I just hope that I dont repeat doing the same things which you have
> already completed.

No you will not.  My work is about getting the code merged into XFree86 4.0
final release, source tree.

> > 1) fix the crash when crtl+esc and/or alt+esc keys pressed.
> >
> Current code captures only ALT-TAB. Use ALT-TAB to use telnet and start a
> telnet session. Better still, u can use -broadcast to get a XDM login.

Alt+tab keys crashes the xwin.exe.  It does access to Win32 desktop
but when you type

./xterm at the cmd line or bash prompt, server crashes with
ACCESS_VIOLATIONS.
Sometimes it gives a message before crash, Could not lock Surface, which
seems to
me a DirectX Surface Restore issue.

> > 2) Write a good batch file for cmd which starts X-server then open
> > an xterm client so users can work in shell to start application.
> >
> I believe this should be part of the window message handling. Prodive
> facilities for session definitions etc. I should attempt this
> once the basic
> functionality is OK. I am still unable to get a login from gdm -
> kdm and xdm
> works fine.

Most users might not use xdm or kdm.  They would also may not use DirectX
server
to telnet from another machine and display on remote UNIX machine.  Mostly
it would be used by end-users to display local X clients or display remote X
clients
on Win32 machine.  You can go ahead and implement Windows message handeling,
please.

Regards
Suhaib