RE: XWindows client on windows (fwd)

We still lack a stable X-sever.  There are 5 X server at Cygwin-xfree site.
One is XGGI, but Steve during last few days reported problems with it
which John could reproduce and is fixing it.

Second is XGDI/VNC, which is the most stable one so far, but it runs only
in Window'ed mode... something like MI/X does.

Third is XWin, DirectX based.  It is the buggiest one in our pool.  I
cannot open any X client using it.  It crashes with DirectX surface
lock error message.

Fourth and Fith are based upon Peter Busch video drivers NTUX.  These
lack Window manager and are at Beta version.

In summary nothing is so stable at the moment which could be
classified as an equivalent to Exceed.

Writing an X server is a major projects, and we do not have
enough contributors.  Peter Busch is working on stabilizing
the X servers.  Therefore hopefully in the near future we
could be able to declare one of the above mentioned X server
as an stable release.

I hope this answer your questions.

Suhaib