RE: Getting New XServers to Work

> > > NT-4.0 SP5.  AFAIK this includes DirectX3.  When I run
> > > startxwin.bat I get a
> > > pop-up saying
> >
> > You may have to upgrade to SP6a.  Upto SP5 DirectInput was
> > almost not supported,
> > thought is still very lousey on SP6a.  You may have a little bit
> > better luck with SP6a.
> >

> No go :( I get the same problems

I do not what else to say except, if you are willing
to wait and let me test it on NT 4.0 machine over the weekend.
Yesterday someone on the list reported that he had it working
on NT 4.0 with SP6a.  It is definitely a DirectInput problem
on your workstation.

You can try XGDI in the meantime.  It uses plain old fashined GDI libraries
and should work on NT 4.0 if properly installed in a /usr directory

that is X:/usr not cygwin/usr

Suhaib