RE: how I got an X server & xterm to run under cygwin

I think you are making life a bit complicated.
X-servers-v.10.tar.bz2 makes no use of Cygwin mount points, therefore no
need
to fool around with mounts.

Simply unbzip2 and untar in a

c:\usr
directory.
cd to c:\usr\bin\X11
and start using startx or startdx batch files.

Suhaib