RE: how I got an X server & xterm to run under cygwin

> Yes, that would fix the problem.

OK.  I will add it to my TO DO list for the next Release.

>By the way, I didn't get a
> chance to thank you again.

Thanks.

>When I first got the x-server
> running, I was amazed! Although it currently is a bit slow
> on my 400MHz Pentium.

Well, we are making progress.  It is a huge project.  Imagine
over 100 developers contribute at XFree86 project.  Here we are
only two.  I was assuming once we had functional servers, we might
attract more contributors... I am still hoping that.  It usually kills
my whole weekened just to fix bugs, compile and make distributions.

We started with nothing... and many members at the list were saying
that it would not possible, because xfree86 code is too hardware
specific, which would violate Windows hardware ownerships...

My only aim had been to get a stable and good x-server for Win32, of course
free.
I think current commercial x-servers for Windows are over priced (rnaging
from
UUS$ 200 to 500 per seat) because there is no open source competition.  In
the
Linux world no one would buy MetroLink or XiGraphic if they would sell
their X-servers for 200-500 bucks a piece, because XF86 is available
as a open source project.

Suhaib