Re: Cygwin /tmp\foo behaviour

Forbes wrote:
> >So If I understand you correctly
"/tmp\cc017659.base" should not
> link anyway
> >as ld will always be looking for
"/tmpcc017659.base" which will
> never exist?
>
> Nope.  You were trying to test out something by
using a \ character at the
> bash command line.  In your test case, bash ate the
\ character just like
> it would on UNIX.  The "problem" that you saw was
unrelated to the problem
> in gcc.

Chris,
He is not trying to test something.  The
/tmp/xxxxx.base files are generated during X lib DLLs
creation. The ld is trying to read /tmp\xxxx.base
which on bash returns /tmpxxxxx.base, therefore
he gets "no such file" error.

With my Cygwin setup I have not seen this problem,
although I do have TEMP, TMP and TEMPDIR in my ENV

TEMP=G:\Temp
TMP=G:\Temp
TMPDIR=/tmp

Suhaib

> >I have removed the TMP environment variable but it
still has the same
> >problem. I may need to rebuild it again:\
>
> Unset all of your TMP environment variables:  TEMP
TMP TMPDIR, etc.