From: "Suhaib Siddiqi" <ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com>
To: "Jonathan Fosburgh" <syjef@mail.mdanderson.org>;
<cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com>
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2000 10:05 AM
Subject: RE: Updated Xfree binaries

> > > are:
> > STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
> > >

> > > Maybe you have two conflicting versions of Cygwin1.dll?  Do a
> > search from
> > > Windows Explorer, for Cygwin1.dll, and see how many dlls you have?
> > > Rename all of them except the latest one.
> > >
> > > Or, your cygwin1.dll is too old?  I used cygwin1.dll from June 6
> > > snapshot.  Version 1.1.1 or higher should work.
> > What's extremely strange is that it works sometimes and other
> > times gives me
> > this problem.  If it looks like it is going to fail (I get the keyboard
> > error and I have a Windows cursor over the X cursor) then I can
sometimes
> > alt+tab out and about 50% of the time the X server is still running, so
> > can alt+tab back in and it will then work for awhile.
>

> Are you attempting to run in 24 or 32 bpp mode? 24 and 32 bpp are buggy
> at the moment.
>
> There should not be a windows cursor on top of x cursor.  One bug I
> discovered
> over the weekend, pressing alt+esc or crtl+esc crashed the server with
> SurfaceRestore errors... maybe that is what happening when you hit
> alt+tab often?
I am on 24 or 32 bit mode, so I guess I will live with the occassional crash
(which so far only occurs on startup or when I restart the window manager).
alt+tab does not seem to cause crashes.  But onto the next point.  For some
reason, my middle button (a wheel, actually) does not perform the paste
action, forcing me to press 1+3.  Is this built-in to the server or is there
a configuration file I have missed?