RE: Installing cygwin/xfree : it works ! ( almost )

> Hello Suhaib,
>
> Finally I have given up with XGGI and I have downloaded a demo version
> of the X-WinPro PC X-server at http://www.labf.com. It is really easy to
> install and to configure for any kind of keyboard. You just have to
> restart the server after 30 mn if you don't have the license (not very
> expensive), but you have unlimited evaluation time. I recommend it for
> beginners like me who just want to test X11R6.
>
> I tried xterm, xclock, xsetroot, twm, mwm and an old Unix graphic code.
> I have still a lot of tests to do but everything seems to work fine! I
> catch keyboard events and Button press events on a french keyboard
> without a problem!
>
> I just have some warnings with xterm and mwm as I told you in other
> mails : "locale not supported ...", "failed to open input method" with
> xterm and similar things with mwm. Can you suggest me a way to remove
> this warnings ? I have installed Cygwin with setup.exe from the latest
> directory on June 27 and I also tried last binaries of xterm, but it
> does not change anything.

Well, you need to live with those warnings if you are using xterm and mwm
from
XGGI distribution or consider using binaries from xc-4-binaries directory
distribution from Cygwin/XFree FTP server.  Unfortunately John left.  He
wrote
GGI and GII input and display libraries.  Your only bet to change the
default Input
of XGGI is to ask at GGI mailing list about how to change keyboard settings
for GII libraries. GII libraries control the mouse and keyboard, GGI does
the
display, and XGGI simply runs on top of GGI/GII libraries using whatever
GGI/GII
supports.

Suhaib