Re: X111R6.x Gone!!!

On Sun, Jul 16, 2000 at 06:19:46AM -0700, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
>I removed the X11R6.4 and X11R6.3 archives for Cygwin B20.1.  I wanted
>to leave them for people who might need it.  However, it was doing more
>harm then good.  It is difficult to deal with users who do not read
>Cygwin and cywin-xfree mail archives and try to mix non-compatible
>libraries from two different version.  Some of the users even tried
>linking XFree code to X11R6.4 libraries for B20.1.
>
>Anyhow, X11R6.4 and X11R6.3 will not be avialble any more and will not
>be supported in future.  Cygwin 1.1.2 is quite stable now, anyone using
>B20.1 should consider upgrading to Cygwin 1.1.2.

Thanks, Suhaib.  I think this makes sense.

I can sympathize with your frustration.  Somehow the five characters "B20.1"
seem to have worked their way into the hearts and minds of Cygwin users
everywhere.  We get a lot of messages who are using the newest B20.1
version of Cygwin 1.1.2. (sic).

So, don't be surprised if you still get people asking questions about B20.1
even though they are up-to-date with the current net release.

I appreciate all of your hard work with regards to cygwin-xfree.  This
project is a tribute to your perseverence in driving the development and
answering user's questions.

cgf