RE: makedepend in 2000-07-19 xfree86-4.0-Prog.tar.bz2

GccMakedepend creates makefile and Makedepend create Makefile.
These are case-sensitive to makedepend.  If you are using GCCMakeDepend
which in turn uses Makedepend, your makefile should me "makefile"
and if you are using Makedepend it should be Makefile.
mv from cygwin 1.1.2 has no problems moving makefile or Makefile to
makefile.bak and Makefile.bak.  I have never noticed this issue
before while compiling Xfree sources tree.  All my project is
concerned with XFree source tree, if there are problems with
XFree source tree compilation, i would investigate, with tcl, if
you could figure out what is going on, "send in your patches please"

Suhaib